Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I properly clean and care for my copper mug?
Copper mugs might be specialty cups for your Moscow Mule, but that doesn't mean they are a pain to clean. After you finish your cocktail, simply rinse the copper mug with warm, soapy water and dry it immediately. Your mugs will last longer if you take the time to care for them after each use. Keep in mind that copper mugs are not dishwasher or microwave safe. As copper is a natural metal, your mugs will develop a patina over time. To keep them looking new and polished, use a copper cleaner, like Penny Brite.
2. Are your mugs lined with nickel, tin or unlined? Can copper leach into the beverage?
Our copper mugs are unlined. While it is true, consuming beverages with a high pH can cause copper to leach into your beverage. Moscow Mules, wine, fruit juice and vinegar all have a pH of less than 6.0, which is the “safe” cutoff.
3. Drinks that should and should not be consumed from a copper cup? Any that are enhanced with a copper mug?
Is it safe to enjoy all beverages in a copper mug as long as you do not warm the mug in a microwave or use a dishwasher to clean. Moscow Mules are known to be enhanced by copper mugs because vodka oxidizes the mug and its internal structure keeps chilled beverages cooler for longer.
4. Are there health risks to drinking from copper mugs? Is it safe for children and pregnant women?
Even though copper occurs naturally in the environment and is necessary in our bodies, copper over-exposure can cause you to experience nausea, dizziness, headaches, diarrhea, and irritation to your mouth, nose, and eyes.
However, most experts agree that drinking Moscow Mules or non-alcoholic beverages out of unlined copper mugs will not cause any negative health effects. Moscow Copper Co. only sells unlined copper mugs.
5. What are the benefits of drinking water from copper mugs?
The practice of drinking water after sitting in a copper cup, mug or pot overnight is an Ayurvedic practice for wellness. It is popular in India and Asia where water quality is especially poor.
Copper has antibacterial and anti-microbial qualities, meaning it can improve the quality of contaminated water. In fact, copper can kill S. aureus, E. coli and even the Coronavirus. Bacteria and viruses cannot survive more than a few minutes on the surface of a copper mug. There are a few scientific studies that have confirmed these claims.
6. What is the difference between Moscow Copper Mugs and big box store alternatives?
Our Moscow Copper mugs are individually engraved, packaged, and fulfilled right here in the U.S. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide exceptional customer service and ensure each order is crafted to perfection. Our mugs make the perfect gifts for anyone who appreciates quality.
7. Are your copper mugs manufactured and sourced from the United States?
Our mugs are manufactured in India, based on our proprietary design and specifications. All of the personalized engraving, packaging, and order fulfillment is completed in the U.S.
8. Do you offer custom/personalized copper mugs with monograms, engraved messages and logos?
We do offer custom copper mugs with engraved messages. View some possibilities and learn more!
9. Do you sell hammered copper mugs? What other finish design options are possible?
We offer a variety of finishes on our Moscow Copper mugs, including polished, hammered, and ridged designs.
10. Are your mugs solid, pure and 100% copper?
Moscow Copper Co. mugs are 100% solid, unlined copper without any type of lacquer finish.
11. Do you sell double-walled or insulated copper mugs?
We do not offer double-walled or insulated copper mugs. They are not necessary as copper is best at keeping cold beverages cold for a long period of time. We do not recommend drinking coffee or hot beverages out of copper mugs.
12. I need to buy copper mugs in bulk, do you offer wholesale prices?
We do not offer wholesale pricing on mugs and Moscow Copper Co. is the only place our mugs can be purchased. However, we do offer bulk pricing discounts and our mulehead books are available in boxes of 15 for wholesale orders.
13. Do you ship outside of the United States?
Moscow Copper currently offers shipping in North America (US / Canada / Mexico) only.
Until further notice, we will not be shipping our product to other countries due to issues with shipping costs, customs delays, and duties/tariffs. Unfortunately, we cannot provide the level of customer service and satisfaction with international orders that we strive to provide to all of our customers.